Integrations with external systems
In Allure TestOps release 4.0.0 we have reworked the mechanics and UI of the integrations with external systems such as
- CI systems
- Issue trackers
This section describes new workflows in Allure TestOps you need to use for the new integrations
When we're talking about the integrations in this sense, we mean the workflows when some data or commands are sent to the integration point (we initiate a test run on a CI side, we export test cases to a TMS etc.).
The test results upload remains the same as it was before Allure TestOps 4.0.0.
If you are looking for the integration for the outdated ver. 3, please look here
What has changed
Unified management interface for the integrations
All the integrations now reside in one place despite of their type – same for the Administration section and in each project of Allure TestOps.
We've updated the UI for adding an integration, now the UI has the instructions on how to add the credentials for a specific integration point.
To add an integration point to your project, you need to provide the credentials defined on your project level, so the other projects cannot use the same credentials (only if these are intentionally the same), thus we can ensure no one without explicit access rights will be able running your build jobs on CI side.
The full list of capabilities currently available for the integrations with the external systems is described on this page.
How do you configure an integration after 4.0.0
Global settings and project settings
Global integrations settings enable an integration in Allure TestOps instance, and Project level integration enables an integration from global settings on a project level. So, some integrations now can be added to Allure TestOps, but could be absent in certain projects until you explicitly added them to a project.
Global settings reside in Administration > Integrations and are available for the users with the authority
Global settings allow adding a new integration supported by Allure TestOps.
Integrations settings for a project reside in Project settings > Integrations and are available for the owners of a particular project.
Project's integration settings allow the project owner adding an integration available globally in Allure TestOps instance.
Enabling a new global integration
- To add a new integration on the global level, you need to proceed to user's menu.
- Then to Administration (you need to have ROLE_ADMIN authority assigned to your account in Allure TestOps).
- Then to Integrations.
- Then click Add integration.
- You will see the list of the integrations currently supported
- Click the desired integration box and follow the instruction of your screen.
- After the integration has been created, it's a good idea to test the connection.
- You need to provide the credentials to be used for the connection test.
- The Test connection modal window will contain the instructions on how to get the credentials for connection's test.
- These credentials won't be used in the projects.
- They only will be used for this particular test.
- After a new integration has been added on the global level, you can use it in a project.
Enabling new integration on a project's level
New integration can be added to a Project only if it has been added on the global level of Allure TestOps.
To enable an integration on a Project level you need to do the following:
Proceed to a Project's settings.
- Globally you need to have Authority ROLE_USER or ROLE_ADMIN
- On the project level you need to be a project owner
Proceed to the integrations section.
Locate an integration from system wide list and click Add integration
System will prompt the credentials for the integration you are trying to add
- Prompt window will contain the instructions of how to get the credentials to enable the integration on project level.
- The credentials you provide will be saved and used on current Project level only.
Test the connection.
The integration is added to your project.