IntelliJ IDEA plug-in
Go to plug-ins section of IntelliJ IDEA settings.
- go File > Settings > Plugins
In search field start typing Allure EE Support
Then in the results field find the plug-in and hit
Plug-in connection settings
Go to Tools -> Allure -> Authorize
Enter Allure TestOps application URL and personal access token
Export Test Results
- Run tests on your environment
- Select Upload Results to Allure on the folder with allure results
- Select a Project to export and type a launch name
- The results will be available on the Allure EE.
Link test cases into Test in Idea
By default Allure uses some rules to link your automated test into Allure EE test case.
It is depends on test framework, for example in case of jUnit5 it use
<package>.<class name>.<method name>
So if you will modify one of this mapping part the Allure will think that it a new test case and creates one for you. To avoid it you can mark your test with allure ID annotation.
- Upload first time your tests into Allure EE as described above.
- Close the Launch to process the results, new test cases will be created
- Use menu on package and select
Assign Allure ID
- Select a project on Allure EE where you’ve uploaded a results
- All test will have an @AllureId annotation.
Now if you modify the test name it will correct mapped into Allure EE test case.
Manual test cases automation
- Create a manual test on Allure EE and add scenario into test case page
- Create test pattern in code
- Use menu on test method name and select
Allure Automate, type
test case Idand select options to synchronise
- Your test in Idea contains
@AllureId, all sync fields and the scenario to implement
- Implement your test scenario ![IDEA implement test logic](../../images/idea-implemnet-automated test-logic.png)
- Execute tests and upload the results
- Close the Launch to process the results
- You Allure EE manual test is marked as
- You can compare manual and auto scenarios ![IDEA compare scenarios](../../images/test case-compare-scenarios.png)
- You can remove the manual scenario, then the scenario from test result will always used
- Now, your test is fully automated