Managing test cases
Allure TestOps supports managing both – manual and automated test cases.
Managing of the test cases implies the following tasks:
- Creation of a manual or an automated test case
- Adding meta information to a manual or an automated test case
- Managing the lifecycle
Add a manual test case
- In your project go to the Test cases section.
- Unlock the test cases tree if it’s locked.
- In the Add a new test case text box, type the test case name and press Enter.
- To change the test case name, select it from the list, click Edit and submit changes.
The new test case follows current workflow.
By default, manual test cases follow Default Manual workflow and have Draft as first status.
You can create a customized workflow.
Add an automated test case
By default, automated test cases follow Default Automatic workflow and have Active as a first status.
You can create a customized workflow .
Automated test cases (we’re still talking about the documentation) are generated based on test results received from automated tests. To generate the test cases you need to follow the steps below:
Generation of automated test cases based on test results from CI
- Configure Allure TestOps integration with a CI tool .
- Import the test results for automated tests to Allure TestOps, and close the launch.
- In your project, go to the Test cases section. All your test cases will be generated based on the test
Generation of automated test cases from manual upload of test results
- Run your tests in your IDE.
- Make zip archive of the directory with your tests.
- Jump to your project and its section Launches.
- Click Upload
- Choose the format of of your upload.
- Select your zip archive or use drag-n-drop area. You can also drag and drop results files without archive.
- Fill the meta information about your launch.
- Click Upload files.
Upload test results from IDE
Upload form IDE is now supported for JetBrains’ products like IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm etc. We are continuously working on the integrations, so bear with us.
- Run tests in your environment.
- Select folder with allure results in the project tree and then right click the folder.
- In the context menu select Upload Results to Allure
- Select a Project to export and type a launch name
- The results will be available on the Allure TestOps.
- Close your launch and test cases will be generated.
- Consider linking of Allure ID to your test cases during the development as it will save you from troubles in future.